Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Third Day is NOT a Charm

So, Friday was a little rough. It all started when I was at a breakfast meeting and ordered some coffee. Given that it was a regular restaurant with "dishwasher cups," and given that it was early in the morning when my brain works significantly less well, I didn't remember to ask for "no plastic, please!" They brought my coffee with a plastic stirrer in it! 8:30 and I already had acquired plastic.

Later, I went to a meeting with some of my new team members. They offered me coffee and I thought it only polite to accept. Sadly, accepting brought with it a styrofoam cup.

Later, I went to Good Stuff Eatery with my old team from work. By the way, that place is AMAZING! It's the restaurant that Spike from Top Chef opened in DC -- it's at 3rd and Penn. It really is great. Anyway, I think I avoided plastic, but not without giving up a delicious milkshake. Sad. I even chose a beverage in a glass bottle so as to avoid the plastic-coated fountain drink cups. I think the turkey burger was wrapped in waxed paper -- it didn't seem too plastic-y. Here's hoping.

All in all, a tough day. It's really all about eating out -- restaurants are dangerous!

No comments: