Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day 2 and the Livin is Good

Today went pretty well. I went to the grocery store to get some food/drinks for watching the VP debate. I chose 1 piece of plastic - a bag of Tostitos - but that's it. I tried to get the kind that's mostly paper with just a tiny plastic window, but they didn't have any at Giant. Sadly, I had to buy the entire large plastic bag. I carefully avoided beverages with any plastic, though (even soda cans have plastic attaching each 6 pack). I also needed a new glass bottle (I've taken to adopting this over plastic Nalgenes) because the lid to my old iced tea bottle got lost. I chose Lipton instead of Nestea because they had no plastic seal around the edge (even though I think Nestea is tastier).

I've been staying close to home and hence have had no serious plastic incidents. I worry about tomorrow when I MUST eat 2 meals out. Maybe I'll have better stories then!

No comments: